Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thankful Thursday




As all of us, I have so much to be thankful for today. So, here is my list for today.

1) I am thankful for a delicious cup of coffee every morning to get me started.

2) I am thankful that my husband asks me to pray with him and for him when he has an important meeting, like he has this morning. I love being able to help my husband by lifting him up to God in prayer. Thank you God for allowing us to speak to You in prayer.

3) I am thankful that my Best Best Friend since 5th grade is moving back home this weekend. She has always been there for me and encourages me to be a better person. She truly demonstrates what a good friend should be like. Thank you for being my best friend now for 16 years now. It will be so nice to hang out and live close again.

4) I am thankful for being able to spend time with my daughter. I am thankful for the "little" things that I get to do with her, like walking her to the park last night and pushing her on the swing. She loves the swing and smiled the whole time saying "Wee," actually she pronounces it "Bee" and would say "More" when her swing would slow down. She is a beautiful blessing in my life.

5) I am thankful for God's guidance in our life. It is so comforting to know that as we seek Him, He will make His will known to us and as we allow Him, He is always working to make us more like Him. God, I praise You for giving my hubby and I peace about Your will for us during this time.

God is awesome and has given us so many things to be thankful for. To read other Thankful Thursday lists, please visit Sting My Heart.

Enjoy your day.

14 comments:

Deborah said...

best friend are great to have and coffee and best friends are even better.

Diane Viere said...

What a great list! Isn't this TT a really great thing to do--take the time to reflect on just how much we have to be thankful for!

Praying with you husband....is a very special thing! It models such a legacy for your children...and it brings you together before the throne of God...together...as one! As it should be....but isn't always. For many, praying is such a private thing--and I don't know why--but it was one of the hardest things for my husband and I to get into rhythym on! I could pray with friends, I could pray with family...but to open my heart before God with my husband...YIKES! And yet, once we got over the unspoken hurdles....it is a tie that binds....enhancing the covenant of marriage!

Way cool that he asked you to pray for him.

Diane

The Open Range Camping Family said...

I loved your list. Coffee in the morning is great and that is so awesome your husband asks you to pray with him. That is priceless :)

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Oh best friends are so wonderful to have . I am so glad she is moving back closer to you. I love coffee in the morning also.

May the Lord bless you this week and always.

Hugs,

Angel ():)

Anonymous said...

I love coffee too! God bless!

Denise said...

Lovely thankful list.

Deena Peterson said...

Coffee is just the 2nd most wonderful thing to share with a friend...the 1st is Jesus...

Mary said...

Praise God for coffee! It's awesome that you're praying with your hubby. Thanks for sharing. Blessings

forgiven4this said...

Aww beautiful thankful list thanks for sharing.....blessings

Anonymous said...

Wow, 16 years sure have flown by! They have all been wonderful! You are the greatest friend a girl could ask for! We've shared so many memories, and I'm looking forward to the many, many more we will create now that I'll be living close again! Love you, BF

Saved By Grace said...

I am in total agreement with you about your best friend!! I don't know what I would do without my best friend. When she moved away temporarily a few years ago it was horrible. She was gone a few years and I really think people don;t understand what it means to Need a friend!!

Alycia said...

YOu have some beautiful things to be thankful for :) It is such a gift for a couple to pray together and you are right, such a wonderful thing to lift up our Husbands. Blessings to you from Japan!

eph2810 said...

It is wonderful that you and your beloved spend time in prayer together. I think that prayer is our most valuable 'weapon' we have.
How awesome that your friend is moving back home so you can spend time together.
I remember the days in the park. It was the most precious time we had spend when our son was little :)

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.
Be blessed today and always.

Melanie said...

I have a special prayer request over at my blog. I would appreciate it if you would stop by and let me know that you will be helping me pray.