Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thankful Thursday




Another Thankful Thursday....beautiful. I had some unusual free-time this evening, so I decided to get a head start on tomorrow's to do list and post this early.

Here are the things that I am Thankful for this Thursday:

1) For the comfort that His Word brings to my heart as I read it and meditate on it. His Word is alive and powerful and I am so thankful to be able to immerse myself in it, especially during stressful times.

2) For positive test results from my Colonoscopy today. Praise God, I had nothing serious, only some small internal hemorrhoids, which the doctor said will be fine and advised me to go on a High Fiber Diet. Going through this is what put # 1 on the top of my list this week.

3) For God's forgiveness when I mess up. I had myself all worked up and stressed out over getting this test done and what it might show, that I wasn't trusting God. So, I am thankful that He forgives us and allows us to try again. Sat. and Sunday, I was a mess, but by giving it all to Him and reading His Word and praying, Moday, Tuesday, and Wed, I felt His peace and presence.

4) For a husband who loves me no matter what, even when I am an emotional mess. My hubby was very encouraging to me during all of this and gave me time to take it to God. Thank you honey for your patience and confidence in me.

5) For friends who allow me to express my concerns to them and lovingly encourage me to give it to God.

6) All in all, I am thnkful for this entire ordeal because it was a great opportunity for me to grow in my relationship with God and to feel His love for me and to excercise my trust in Him. Thank you God.

For more Thankful Thursday lists from others, please click here.

Enjoy your day.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have had quite a week. Glad all is well. I often stand amazed at our husbands. They are a gift from God.

Thank you for sharing. Be blessed, Lynn

Alycia said...

Such a lovely list. I am so happy your test results were good and that all is well with you. Our family has a history of colon cancer and early testing is the best defense. Praising God that you have a loving husband to offer support too! Blessings!

Denise said...

I praise God that your colonoscopy turned out ok. Thanks for having a thankful heart.

Lyndy said...

Wonderful list and I am rejoicing with you that your test results were good. God is good.

Have a blessed rest of the week.
Lyndy

Hopeful Spirit said...

And aren't you glad that colonoscopy is OVER!!??? Boy, I was glad when I was finished with that humiliation and could come home and sleep! :-) Congrats on the great results. (My doc told me to step up the fresh fruits and vegetables, so that's what I've done.)

Terri @ in His hands said...

Praising Him for your test results! I've been working on trusting more---boy have I.

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings~

Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

We have an awesome God! Sounds like you have wonderful family and friends, too. Glad your colonoscopy had positive results.

Mary said...

Glad everything is fine. It's still a test of our hearts to trust Him. And He proves that His word is true and is life to us. Glad hubby is such a gift to you. Blessings on your day.

Anonymous said...

Writing the Thankful Thursday list has done it again. You have now documented you worried for nothing and God was in charge. Me too (Last year I had to have three of these tests) I love these memes.

If your beefing up on fiber with cereal add wheat germ to your bran flakes. Great source of fibre and lots of other good stuff. Do a Google on wheat germ benefits.

Blessings.

eph2810 said...

I am thankful with you that your tests came out okay :)
Yes, His patience is wonderful. I know that I have been (and will be) in many situations where are get anxious, but know that He will see me through.

Thank you for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours today and always.

Changed by His Love said...

Waahoo! Praising Him for positive results! Kudos to you to for recognizing this as another opportunity to draw close to Him.

Susanne said...

I praise God for your test results. Thanks for sharing your list. Such an inspiration!!

marlise said...

I'm so glad you had good results. Thanks for sharing your thankfulness.

Peculiar Blogs said...

so glad that your test came out well. you had a wonderful list. Have a blessed week!

Ms. Kathleen said...

You had a colonoscopy?! You poor thing! I am so happy the results were good. You have a wonderful thankful list.

Blessings to you!

Brenda said...

Beautiful list! Thanks for sharing. Also, I like the title of your blog. :)

Nise' said...

Always hate that yearly test, and so glad when it is over! Glad you got good results!

Deena Peterson said...

It can be hard working out our faith...but He is patient and loving and kind, and always there for us when we turn to Him, isn't He?
So glad for the good results!!

Linda said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for visiting. The credit for my blog design goes to Susie at Bluebird Blogs. She does an incredible job.
I love your list. I'm so glad your test results were good. God is so good and so faithful. He understands our fears and comforts us.