Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Comfort in God's Word

These past few days, I have been amazed and refreshed by the power of God's Word and am so thankful to be able to draw such Truth and comfort from it. From my previous post, I wrote about some anxiety I had and while I do not have the test results back yet, (I go tomorrow for the colonoscopy), I have an indescribable peace from God.
I was encouraged by my Best Friend's Mom to read many of the Psalms from the Bible to calm my heart from the anxiety I was feeling about my procedure. God knew that I needed to hear this from her and I am thankful that I was able to talk with her about all of this. I took her advice and dove right into Psalm.
Many verses in this book brought comfort to me, and as I read the verses over and over and prayed to God asking His forgiveness for my lack of faith and trust in Him, my heart became filled with God's peace.
I am so thankful for this and am glad that through this small trial, I was able to draw closer to my Saviour.
Here are some of the Scriptures that brought much comfort to my heart:

Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

Psalm 34:1 "I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth."

II Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Psalm 139 (the entire chapter)

My prayer is that in the future, I will not worry and get myself all worked up like I did this past weekend. Next time, I will head right for God's Word.

Tonight before bed and tomorrow I will read these verses to myself and continue to trust God.

No comments: