Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Poem for Moms

A Mother's Mission

A mother's job is special

and carries strong demands.

With the molding of the little lives

God places in her hands.

Though her life may not be glamorous,

The world will see her worth.

For 'tis true "the hands that rock the cradle.

are the hands that rule the earth.

"To bring her children up in Christ,

Indeed is very much.

For the years will show her value

By the lives, their lives, will touch.

~author unknown

I was looking for a poem like this to post for Mother's Day, and just now found one. So even though it is a little late, I wanted to post it so I could reference back to it and find it later.

I like what this poem says: A Mom's work is not glamorous and is made up of a lot of "little" daily things, but it is work that is so important and powerful. I pray that I will be a good mother to my children and that my hubby and I will raise them to know God and want to honor Him.

No comments: