Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Trying to Wake Up Early: Part 2

I just wanted to post a quick update on this challenge of mine. I posted previously that I am trying to wake up before my daughter and hubby, so I can have a guaranteed uninterrupted quiet time. Well, today I am so excited to write that I was able to do this. Here is what I did that I think really helped.

1) I set out all of my devotional stuff the night before, so when I woke up, all I had to do was go and sit at the Kitchen table and everything was there.

2)Also, last night, I programed the coffee pot so that it would be ready with Hot coffee for me when I got downstairs.

3)I did not try to wake up too early. Ultimately, my goal is to get my Quiet times and do a Work out video BEFORE everyone gets up, but that was a big goal, one I found that I continued to not make, despite my efforts. So, last night, while talking to my BF, I decided to break the goal down into parts. First, the plan is to wake up 45 minutes earlier than usual so I can do my quiet times. Then, once I am used to that and in the habit of doing that, I can add another 45 minutes to that so I can get my workout video in.

Doing these three things helped me to be successful with this and, I am giving Praise for this success this morning. My quiet times were so great, simply because I did not have to rush or be nervous about someone or something needing my attention.

More to come later on this topic as I still need to work on this personal challenge.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

I hear you Girl!!! Congratulations on reaching your goal, and thanks for inspiring me!! I have been working towards this for weeks, and have yet to be consistent. I am going to program my coffee pot tonight!! God is so good!!! (Too good to miss out on my special time with him alone!)
Thanks again!

Karen said...

We are working on a couple of the same things!! I, too, have been working on getting up earlier than everyone else to have my quiet time, and I eventually want to get up even earlier to add a workout session in there, too. It sounds like you are doing so well--way to go!! I've been doing well the past couple of weeks with my early rising and quiet time. I'm really loving it and praying that God will help me establish this so strongly that nothing will be allowed to come in and break this routine. I know life will change and different seasons will come, but I want this to be a constant. Keep up the good work--can't wait to hear more of your success! Blessings, Karen