Tuesday, May 8, 2007

May Day Weight Loss Challenge

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ready, Set, Go...Today is the first day of the May Day Weight Loss Challenge, that Tales from the Scales has launched. I am excited about participating in this challenge. My goal is to loose 10 - 15 lbs. (that is, at least 10 and no more than 15). This will be the last of my pregnancy weight to go.

As for my weight history: I have never been overweight, and never been overly obsessed with getting skinny. I am average in my weight, activity level, and food consumption. However, I feel that now is a crucial time for me to make an effort to get rid of my leftover pregnancy weight before too much time passes (my baby is already 18 months old). I want to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle so I can be the best me I can be.

My plan of action consists of the following: (Note: these are all things that I know I should be doing, but just got out of the habit of doing them and need to reinstate them into my lifestyle)

1. Drink plenty of water
2. Eliminate soda from my diet
3. Do not eat after 9 pm (I have a BAD habit of eating snacks late at night)
4. Workout 4 times each week at the gym (we have a membership to the YMCA, and the last two months I have hardly used it, so I need to stop wasting my money)
5. Eat balanced meals and healthy foods throughout the day

As for now, this is what I plan to do to loose my 10 - 15 lbs. If any alterations need to be made later to help my success, I will certainly make them.

I am excited about this and needed something to get me back on track to leading a healthy lifestyle. So, from now until Sept., you will be updated every Tuesday about how this is going.

18 comments:

Military Mommy said...

Hello! Just dropping by to say that you can do it! :) I am also participating and am so glad to be on board with you! Have a healthy week, Michelle

Southern Girl said...

Sounds like you have a great plan of action! I'm participating, too, and I hope we all meet with lots of success! :)

Julie said...

I totally can relate to the water. Sometimes I just forget to drink it. I also really love diet coke. I am going to try and limit myself to one a day.

Best of luck,
julie

A Juggling Mum said...

Hi,

I just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best for the challenge.

Rachel xxx
http://jugglingmum.blogspot.com

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Hi - just going through the links on the challenge. I'm in also. Good luck to you! I think this will be great for all of us!
Dana

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Melanie said...

Your plan sounds great! I also need to drink a lot more water and cut out all my snacking.
My story is up too, so come by and visit- just no snacking while you're visiting! ;)

Erin M said...

Good plan of action. I'm trying to lose baby weight too!

Robin said...

You can do it! Your goals and plan sound very realistic. You go girl!

Karen said...

You've got a great plan of action, and I wish you the best! Blessings, Karen

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Wow...an action plan and everything! Not only CAN you do it, but you WILL do it! Best wishes from another participant (with a lot more to lose than you!) :o)

Unknown said...

Your goals are perfect! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

Look at you coming up with a plan! Great job!! My post on Thursday is going to be about planning so you are already ahead of the game!

Nise' said...

Glad you joined in the challenge! Sometimes it just eat less and move more!

Anonymous said...

Very good goals! You can do this!

Loosin' Baby Fat said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by!! The blog I set up on blogger is specific to the weight loss... but I have another blog too :)

How neat that we have similiar weaknessess. Well, not neat, really, but we might be able to encourage each other. :)

Andrea said...

Hi - just dropping by from Tales from the Scales. There are so many people to get to know...My "baby" is now 18 - so the pregnancy excuse is past due :-( Have a great week - looking forward to our weigh-in next Tue.

Kate said...

Awesome to meet you!
GREAT goals...go for it girl!!