Monday, May 7, 2007

Investing in Eternity

The older I get in age (note to all I am in my mid twenties) and the more I seek God, the deeper burning and passion I have to really invest in eternal things. Although I am young, I don't want to waste any time. I want to use my days and abilities to serve God and make eternal differences.

Jesus' words in Matthew 6:19-21 seem to be my theme verses: "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

I pray that God will reveal areas in my life that are distracting me from investing in eternity. I also pray for God's wisdom, so that I will know exactly what He wants my husband and I to do to make a difference for Him. (James 1:5). I pray that I would not be distracted by or caught up in worldly things. I pray that I will love Him more every day.

Our God is awesome and I am blessed by Him over and over again.

No comments: