Friday, May 4, 2007

A Family Friday

Today I plan on enjoying time with my family. Usually it is just my 18 month old daughter and I hanging out since I stay at home with her, but today we are going to be able to have a Family Friday, with my hubby and parents. Both of my parents are teachers and have the day off today and my hubby runs his own business and cleared his schedule this afternoon so we could all hang out. We plan on taking our little one to the park or Chuck E Cheeses and enjoy watching her have so much fun exploring.

Spending time with family is something that I always enjoy and is one of my favorite things to do. A while back during our dating years, we read the book The Five Love Languages, and in reading that I finally realized that the gift of Time is one of my primary Love Languages. I always knew that I enjoyed being with those that I loved, but reading this book helped me realize why it was so important to me. I realized that with me, time spent with people, translates as a way to show and receive love and affection. Given this way about me, I am so thankful to God for allowing my hubby and I to settle and minister in the same city where my parents and most of my family live.

Well, I am off to clean the bathroom and do some tidying before my afternoon of love begins =)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I hope you had a wonderful family day together--it sounded like lots of fun! I love the Five Love Languages book--I'm anxious for my kids to get a bit older so that I can try to figure them out as well.

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I'm glad you happened across it and received a blessing from it. Welcome to the world of blogging--I entered it with a thought of having a little something for myself and maybe learning a bit here and there. But I've just been amazed how God can work through something such as blogging! So I hope that you find it a blessing as I have.

And, by the way, I prefer to think of you as "my new friend on the East Coast" rather than as a "stranger on the East Coast"! Blessings to you, Karen