Friday, May 18, 2007

8 Things About Me

This is my First Meme! Kissesfromheaven has tagged me with a meme. (Thanks for my 1st tag, I hope I do this right...here goes.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to tag 8 people and post their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged and to read your blog.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. I love to read, and because of my love for reading, I received my BA in English from Liberty University. (please do not be too critical about my writing here, because this is like a journal for me :) )

2. I grew up in a Christian home, and was saved at the age of 4. I am very thankful to have Christian parents who brought me up in a Christ-centered home.

3. I was always a "good" person, but I started taking my faith seriously and truly began to grow spiritaully when I got to college. This past year, (5 years out of college), my passion for God and my desire to serve Him has grown intensely. My prayer is that God will use my life and my hubby's life for eternal impact...whatever that means for our life here.

4. I am married to a uniquely gifted man of God. He has a heart for ministry and we are waiting to see how and where God wants to use us, whether that means full-time paid ministry or to continue doing volunteer ministry work. We both want to do what God wants for us.

5. I stay at home with my 19 month old daughter and am so thankful to be able to do that.

6. I am not a big fan of flying...I would rather take a vacation that is no more than 5 hours by car away from home. My hubby thinks this is crazy, but it is how I am. So, we compromise and take trips far away as well as close by. (East Coast, mid-atlantic area) This summer, we are going to California, (where he is from), Vegas (where his grandparents live), a local beach (yeah), and Maine. So that is 4 places, 3 of which we will fly to. I can handle it.

7. I am the type of person that can only handle so many things at one time. I can only have so much on my plate at once or I get overwhelmed, because I feel like I can't do it all right. I tend to be a perfectionist. I am glad that I realize this about me...it has helped =)

8. The only instrument I can play is the radio =) Other than that, I am no good. But, let me tell you, I can play you any kind of music you want on the radio! Seriously though, I am not musically inclined. I can't even sing. My hubby is gifted in this area, so maybe our daughter will take after him. Recently she has started to tell me, "No" over and over again when I am singing her a song until I stop...maybe it is because I can't sing...Oh no =(

These are a few things about me.

Here are the people that I am tagging:

Susanne
Dianne
Karen
Ducks and Books
Melanie
Julie
Thea
Jessica

Enjoy your weekend.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Good Job!! You did well :)
I think that God is helping you to feel more comfortable with flying so you can make those really long trips...you know, the ones to another culture! Yeah!

Blessings on your weekend!

Anonymous said...

LOL at #8! Thanks for the tag....I think(haha) I will work on it and try to have it up for the weekend!Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

Melanie said...

Nice list! I enjoyed reading about you!
I'm out of town for a wedding this weekend, so I will do mine on Monday. It's the first time I've been tagged, so I'm excited!