Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Trying to Wake up Early

I am trying to wake up "early," like about 7am, to have some quiet time in the morning before my baby girl and hubby wake up. Some will probably think that this post is crazy because 7 is not that early and it doesn't seem difficult to accomplish. Well, for me it is a challenge...and one that I truly want to conquer. Our family operates on a later time frame than most other families...we wake up later and thus, go to bed later. My daughter doesn't get up until 9:30 am, which is about when some of her friends are going down for their "Morning Nap." I don't mind our shifted schedule, I just want to wake up before everyone else.

I have this ideal picture in my mind of how wonderful our mornings could be: Hubby and I wake up early and go downstairs, put on the coffee, sit in the Living Room together reading our own books while we sip coffee and then share with each other what we have read, and after our leisurely reading time, heading upstairs to get ready for our day. Well, there are many reasons that this is just a picture, for one, my hubby doesn't even like coffee and is not a morning person. So, my only hope for this to happen is that maybe with age these things will change.

I do like coffee and the times I do get up early to get things done, I LOVE it. I just need to get in the habit of doing it. My goal is to get up early so I can have a guaranteed uninterrupted Quiet Time with God and also, time to work out. I have found that trying to get these two things done later in the day is super difficult, because something always comes up...the phone rings, Verizon comes to work on the phone line, my daughter needs me, my hubby asks me to run an errand for him, and on and on. What usually happens is that my quiet times get done hurriedly and working out doesn't happen, unless playing ball in the back yard with my daughter counts. So, say a prayer for me that I will be able to get up early. Hopefully, (soon) I will be able to post about a Victory in this area.

No comments: