Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Getting into Shape Spiritaully

For the next 4 months, my church is focusing on gaining some Spiritual muscles. In order to build our muscles, our Pastor has challenged the congregation to pre-read the sermon text that he plans to preach on before Sunday's church service. I think this is a great idea. Pastor stated, "Read the Word, be people of the Book, take it to heart, make it fit right into your life...do this for 4 1/2 months and lets see if we don't get some Spiritual Muscle." I'm game for this and will truly benefit from taking the time to step it up spiritually. Our next passage of Scripture to read is Philemon. I am excited to see how God will strengthen our church and each individual who does this.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came by reading the links from the weight-loss challenge and this caught my eye. This is such a great idea. I like what your pastor said: "Read the Word, be people of the Book, take it to heart, make it fit right into your life."