Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thankful Thursday




This past week flew by. I can't believe it is Thursday already, but I am excited to be able to list some of my many Blessings. Here is what I am thanking God for today:

1) Providing us with Health Insurance, so that when I do not feel well, I only have to pay a small co-pay and visit my doctor.

2) the great turnout at our Girls Conference at church this past Saturday. I know God touched many of the girls' hearts that day.

3) the beautiful weather today making it possible for me to meet some friends at a park today for our children to play.

4) that this is my last night of teaching an evening English class. (I enjoy this, but am glad this is the last day, because I need this time to help my husband with all of his things.)

5) the gift of salvation. This morning in my quiet times, I read in I Peter and came across this verse: I Peter 2:24 "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed." I am so undeserving of this gift, but am so thankful for it.

Well, I do have many more things to be thankful for, but I need to get ready for the park, so I will stop here. If you would like to visit other sites with Thankful Thursday lists, please click here.

13 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you, and your thankful heart.

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing. I love it when God touches hearts. That's what He's all about! Have fun at the park today. Blessings on your weekend.

Anonymous said...

My week week flew by too. Amazing how weeks go by quicker for every year I age.

Hope you have a good day at the park. We expect good weather here (northern VA) for the weekend.

Blessings,
Robin

Susanne said...

Thank you for sharing your list. You are a blessing!

Angel Mama said...

Thank you for sharing this week and many blessings to you.

In his endless love,

Angel ( Angel Mama )

Deena Peterson said...

Very cool! Thanks for sharing this week!

Karen said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog and for your sweet comments! You have a great list today. I hope you have a blessed time at the park!

In Him~
Karen

Robin said...

Yes, our salvation is what we are most thankful for, and what we are most undeserving of. Thank you for reminding me today!

Nise' said...

Awesome list this week! I agree with you on your #1!

Lyndy said...

What a great list. Thanks for sharing.

Have a blessed weekend.

Anonymous said...

Pray about joining Fruit of the Spirit Friday meme.

You can answer the seven prompts on the fruit of your choice or write anything you feel lead to on this topic, then add your name to Mr Linky to share with others.

http:/heartofwisdom/blog/fruit-of-the-spirit-friday-meme/

Changed by His Love said...

I hope you had a great playdate at the park - I am looking forward to some of those soon! Beautiful list- I enjoyed reading it.

eph2810 said...

You are right, the weeks are just flying by, well at least mine are.

Health Insurance is indeed a great thing to have, no worry about the big bills.
We have been enjoying the beautiful weather here in AZ as well. Not so hot, yet :)
I love reading about Salvation. I amazes me every time that He loved me so much to take up my sin and nail it to the cross.

Thank you so much for sharing your thankful heart with us this past week.

Be blessed today and always.