Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Week One Weigh In

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well, before I weighed in this morning, I told myself that no matter what the scale said I would be happy because this past week I lived a healthy life style: ate well, got some exercise and plenty of sleep. This was a good feeling to have and after weighing in, I felt even better because what I did paid off...I lost 4 lbs. YEAH!!!!!!!!

So, here is the scoop on what I did and what I need to work on for this next week:

Eating: I ate very healthy and well-balanced meals. We did go out to eat 3 times this week, two times I chose to eat a salad and on Mothers Day at my Moms favorite Italian place, I had pasta, but didn't overeat. The way I ate this week was great...balanced and healthy. This is doable for me. I just have to continue to try and make smart, healthy decisions about what I eat.

Snacking: One of the things I was working on in this challenge was to not snack late at night. This was the hardest area for me, but I did okay. Two nights I did eat a lite snack after dinner and before bed, but I didn't stuff my face. I had 2 White Cheddar Rice Cakes...Yummo and only 45 calories each! On the other nights, I enjoyed a cup of decaff tea. This is an area that I need to continue to be strong in...I think this area can make me or break me, so I need to stay strong with the no snacking late at night rule.

Drinking Water and No Sodas: I did great with this, not one sip of soda!!! And I found that drinking water was easier to do when I was eating well and exercising. I have been bringing a water bottle with me when I go out. I don't know why I said no sodas, but I think I heard somewhere that even drinking diet sodas makes it difficult to shed the pounds...why I don't know...if you know, please tell me =)

Exercising: I did exercises 4 times this week. I have been doing a 30 minute work out video and it is a challenge...they hop around everywhere and I just try to keep up. I have found it really almost impossible to get to the Y, since we are soooooo busy...but all I have to do is pop a DVD in and get moving. (so, I think we are going to put the Y membership on hold until life slows down.) I have also been taking walks to the park with my daughter. The weather has been great to find ways to get some activity.

Overall, the thing that I am most excited about is that what I did this week is doable...I didn't starve myself and didn't spend all week working out, making me realize that a little effort and smarter choices from me makes a difference. So, for that I am very thankful!

If you want to see the results of others in this challenge, go to Tales from the Scales and check it out...leave a comment for them...I know they will appreciate it =)

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! You did great and the scales proved it!
I have heard the reason that drinking diet soda makes it hard to lose weight is that it makes you crave sugary foods. So, you end up snacking more. I'm not sure where I read that or if it's true- but that's what I remember hearing.
Have a great week!

Military Mommy said...

Great job! Wow - 4 pounds is sure to get you motivated! :) That's so good for you.

I've never heard that about soda, so I can't explain it. I drink about 2 diet sodas per week when I am really craving one. It hasn't hindered me any so far. I find if I forbid myself from wanting one, I want one even more. : ) So allowing myself a couple a week seems to do the trick for me.

Have a wonderful week. Keep up the good work!
Michelle

Susanne said...

Great Job!!! Kudos on the exercise!!! Still trying to get on that horse myself...it's great to see someone doing so well. Thanks for the inspiration! Have a blessed day!

Julie said...

Congratulations! You did great! I am impressed with the no diet soda's. I tried this but found it to hard. I am limiting myself to one a day.

Good luck next week, hang in there!

julie

Nise' said...

Awesome loss this week! It helps to keep motivated. Keep up all your hard work!